Sunday, 6 November 2011

wee trees and reindeer

Remember the tree panel I showed in this post? Well, I decided to see how it looked at half that size. I have to say, I love this even more than the big one. It's just over 6" square.

So, naturally, I had to make another one. This is my favourite of all the trees I've made - so far!

I'm now thinking of trying it even smaller. We'll see how that goes! :oD

A few weeks ago, I bought the Dash Away pattern as shown in this post on the Twin Stitchers blog.

I dug it out yesterday and decided it was time to start it. I know myself well enough to know that there's no way I could have Rudolph in the middle of the line up so I cut him out and stuck him on the end.

I mean, the other eight reindeer just trip off the tongue in the order "Dasher, Dancer, Prancer and Vixen. Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen". Rudolph is the "most famous reindeer of all" because he's the extra one. The special one. He's not in the middle of them, he's out on his own until Santa comes along and tells him to "guide my sleigh tonight". Anyway, that's my reason for cutting him out and putting him on the end. He will be compensated with a really shiny red nose when I get to him! :oD

Here's the embroidery drawn out on the calico, waiting to be started.

I have started it this afternoon but will save the showing of it until I've done a bit more.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree...Rudolph in the MIDDLE??? Whaaaat? Can't wait to see your finished result. I love the trees mat in all blues...very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)