Friday, 11 November 2011

pieced tree and honeycomb

After cutting out a few more oven gloves this morning - that's 6 double gloves, 4 single gloves and 3 pinnies all waiting to be sewn now!! - a thought went through my head. I wondered how a tree like the one I showed here would look if it was made with patchwork pieces instead of strips. So I got out some squared paper and started drawing it out.

I cut out the squares and triangles on my Go! cutter and started sewing it together. It's not finished yet - I had to make myself walk away or I'd suffer for it tomorrow. I know by now that, if my back tells me to stop sewing, I *have* to do as I'm told.

Here's the tree waiting to have the strips sewn together. I'm loving it so far. :o)

And here's another thing I made today. It literally took about 5 minutes to make it. Scrumptious!

Honeycomb

5 tbsps caster sugar
2 tbsps golden syrup
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda

Grease a 7" square baking tray with a little butter.
Put the syrup and sugar in a pan over a medium heat and bring the mixture to the boil. Simmer for about 3 minutes until the mixture is golden brown.
Remove from heat and add in the bicarb stirring with a wooden spoon. Pour the frothed up mixture into the baking tray and leave to cool.
Turn out on to a chopping board and break into bite-sized pieces - or bigger! :oD.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)