Tuesday, 1 November 2011

finishes and loot

Here's the promised photo of the Christmas tree panel I finished yesterday. I love this soooo much. :o)

And here's the finished matryoshka dolly. I was just saying to Joanna today that these might look good dressed all in white as angels for Christmas. Something else to think about!

I had to go for toy stuffing to finish the matryoshka dolly so, as Joanna had a day off today, she and I made a trip along to the craft shop about 25 minutes away. We told ourselves all the way along in the car not to look forward to it too much because that's a sure fire way of being disappointed. Well, neither of us were disappointed. Oh my goodness, I am sooooooo pleased with the loot I picked up.

A pack of 5 Christmas fat quarters: (the one on the top right is upside down. Oops!)

4 fat quarters from the bargain box:

A Christmas panel:

A Christmas scrap bag:

4 other scrap bags:

And, look at what I found in one of the scrap bags - teeny tiny kimonos:

Now, please don't anyone ask me what I'm going to do with all that new fabric. I don't know yet. But I'll think of something! :oD

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! I still need to show you what I bought that I'm allowed to show you because it's really great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh you definitely had a lucrative shopping journey today. I love that kimono fabric. I had a quilting friend who had lived in Japan for 9 years and had many Japanese-influenced quilted items as decor in her house, including one of her last projects, satiny kimono wallhangings for in her bathroom. She would have loved your fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)