Tuesday, 15 November 2011

finished - the pieced tree

I finished the pieced tree today and, I have to say, I *love* it!

I made a silver star out of fabric that I swear has been in my "sparkly fabrics" box for at least 20 years. I'm pretty sure it was left over from a tap costume of Joanna's for a dance concert in 1989!! (Please ignore the yellow thread!!)

I used some Gütermann glitter threads to quilt it. They're not the easiest of threads to sew with but I love the effect they make. (Please ignore the green thread on the tree trunk!!)

1 comment:

  1. Anne, that turned out wonderful. I like the pieced version the best of all the versions (not that you need my opinion but there, you have it anyway :D)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)